Are you aware of the NZC Financial capability on-line resources to "develop students' financial capability, positioning them to make well-informed financial decisions throughout their lives"? (NZC, p.39). As part of the Financial Capabilities Education PLD, we are offering a series of workshop opportunities to introduce the financial capabilities framework to schools in the North Island over Term 3 and Term 4 2014. This PLD is for Primary, Intermediate and Secondary Schools for years 1 to 10. The initial workshop is for a half day to introduce schools to the NZC online resources and to clarify the availability of guidance and support for their implementation. REGISTER BELOW.
Workshop participants will explore:
- Why teaching financial capability is important
- The NZC Financial Capability online resources
- The integration of Financial Capability into your school curriculum and classroom programmes
- How to engage whanau and the school community with Financial Capability
- The relationship between Financial Capability, the key competencies and the vision of NZC
School Leaders…join us for a future-focused professional learning workshop that will support your school in bringing Financial Capabilities to life and linking them to all learning areas of the New Zealand Curriculum. Participants will need to bring laptops and lunch. Morning tea will be provided.